Meadow Gold: All Sherbet varieties are GF. I have not been able to confirm that any of their Ice Creams are. When we first went GF at our house, we couldn’t find ice cream made without maltodextrin or vanillin, so we ate a lot of MG sherbet.
- Raspberry Sherbet
- Pineapple Sherbet
- Orange Sherbet
- Lime Sherbet
- Rainbow Rapture
- Triple Fruit
Dryers (Edy’s): All varieties are Gluten Free, except those with the obvious ingredients (Cookies, Cookie Dough, Brownies, Cake). Please note they list “Take the Cake” as GF. Please read the label to confirm this before you buy it.
- Grand Ice Cream (Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Coffee, Double Vanilla, French Vanilla, Fudge Swirl, Mint Chocolate Chip, Neapolitan, Real Strawberry, Rocky Road, Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Chocolate)
- Fun Flavors(Butter Pecan, Cherry Chocolate Chip, Dulce De Leche, Mocha Almond Fudge, Peanut Butter Cup, Spumoni)
- Slow Churned® Ice Cream (Butter Pecan, Caramel Delight, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Fudge Chunk, Coffee, Eggnog (Holiday), French Vanilla, Fudge Tracks, Mint Chocolate Chip, Neapolitan, Peanut Butter Cup, Peppermint (Holiday), Rocky Road, Strawberry, Take the Cake?!?!, Vanilla, Vanilla Bean)
- Slow Churned® No Sugar Added Ice Cream (Butter Pecan, Coffee, French Vanilla, Fudge Tracks, Mint Chocolate Chip, Neapolitan, Triple Chocolate, Vanilla, Vanilla Bean)
- Slow Churned® Yogurt Blends (Black Cherry Vanilla Swirl, Cappuccino Chip, Caramel Praline Crunch, Chocolate Vanilla Swirl, Strawberry, Vanilla)
- Fat Free / No Sugar Added Ice Cream (Chocolate Fudge, Vanilla Chocolate Swirl)
- Dibs® (Chocolate with Chocolaty Coating, Mint with Chocolaty Coating, Peanut Butter with Chocolaty Coating, Rocky Road with Chocolaty Almond Coating, Strawberry with Chocolaty Coating, Vanilla with Chocolaty Coating)
- Loaded (Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER®)
- Sherbet (Berry Rainbow, Orange Cream, Swiss Orange, Tropical Rainbow)
- Fruit Bars(Creamy Coconut, Grape, Lemonade, Lime, Orange & Cream, Snack Size Variety Pack (Grape, Cherry, Tropical); Snack Size Variety Pack (Orange & Cream, Raspberry & Cream, Lime & Cream); Strawberry, Strawberry-Banana Smoothie, Tangerine, Variety Pack (Lime, Strawberry & Wildberry); Variety Pack No Sugar Added (Black Cherry, Strawberry-Kiwi, Mixed Berry); Variety Pack No Sugar Added (Strawberry, Tangerine & Raspberry))
Blue Bunny: Writes, “Obvious gluten-containing ingredients in BLUE BUNNY® products include items with wafers, cookies, brownies, cookie dough, bisque and pretzels. For the safety of our customers, if any ingredient such as a flavoring, stabilizer, emulsifier, color or coating contains gluten, it will be named in the ingredient statement. In general, BLUE BUNNY® products are gluten-free unless they contain obvious gluten-containing ingredients or gluten content is otherwise noted in a product’s ingredient statement.” In a nut shell, Blue Bunny labels their products thier products “Contains Gluten” instead of labeling them “Gluten Free”. When in doubt read the ingredients. One of my husband’s favorites is:
- All Natural Vanilla (NOT Old Fashion Vanilla or Homemade Vanilla, they are NOT GF)
Ben and Jerry’s: Claims all it’s ice cream is GF except for those containing the obvious ingredient culprits (Cookies, Cookie Dough, Brownies, Cake, etc.).
Bryers (Good Humor, Klondike, Popsicle, Unilever Ice Cream) : Writes: “If gluten is present, it is clearly listed in plain language on the ingredient label (i.e., wheat flour, rye, barley, oats, and malt). We work closely with ingredient and packaging suppliers to verify [the presence or absence of] gluten in all ingredient components including natural flavors, colors, and spices. We also have special handling procedures for all allergenic ingredients used in our manufacturing facilities. If there is an allergen concern on a manufacturing line, the machine is disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. This process takes several hours. Our historical results and process verification testing for allergens has shown that these steps are effective at removing allergenic proteins. ” I was able to buy 4 flavors of Bryers on sale this week, all apparently gluten free: Rocky Road, Peach, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Chocolate. Cookies and Cream and Cookie Dough obviously are not gluten free.